Client: S.I.T. Sordina IORT Technologies
Category: Medical Device
Brief Description: device for IORT treatment
Task: electronic design, firmware development, software development, prototyping, production, maintenance, certification support
The customer has already designed the physics aspects of the accelerator, but now requires an electronic system able to command it adequately so as to provide a state of the art product that is ready for certification. Moreover, the user interface needs to be entirely rewritten, also keeping in mind certification and safety requirements.
The IORT (Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy) therapy involves the administration of a single dose of radiation applied during a surgical intervention, in order to eliminate the cancerous tissues that cannot be removed surgically. Thanks to the miniaturization of the linear accelerator, a high-energy electrons beam can administer a very precise dose in an extremely short timeframe, within the operating room. IORT is used worldwide and is recognized as an efficient method for the treatment of topical cancer which reduces the risk of recurrence.
This is certainly a Class A medical device. Security and redundancy are at the maximum level.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.