Category: Medical device
Brief Description: Aid for the diagnosis of diabetes
Task: Electronic design, mechanical design, firmware development
The so-called Diabetic foot is today the first cause of non-traumatic lower limb amputation. Early diagnosis, achieved also by screening tests, such as biothesiometry, is fundamental to identify patients at risk of developing this condition.
Thanks to the peculiar technology used, the Biothesiometer Plus is the only operator-unbiased biothesiometer. The variability of the results due to the pressure exerted is completely eliminated thanks to its piezoelectric motor. In fact the device allows the correct execution of the tests and ensures a homogeneous detection of the results even in case of different operators. The new device has also been designed in order to avoid over time loss of calibration of the vibratory mechanism. For this reason it does not require periodic calibration. The device is powered by high performance rechargeable batteries that ensure better results. High comfort is guaranteed by the small size and further reduced weight.
Piezo driver, microcontroller, AI
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.