Client: Sky Italia
Category: Television Audience measurment
Brief Description: real time television audience survey system.
Task: electronic design, cloud software development for data reception, development of graphical user interfaces for mobile devices, software development for data analysis
Upgrade the electronic device firmware already developed by us, to become an instrument that can detect the listening curves of each real-time television channel, thus allowing Sky to receive the viewing figures within a few seconds. For the first time in Italy, a broadcaster will have a tool that will allow to edit the contents of the live broadcasts in front of its audience.
The main part of the system's hardware is composed of a specifically designed device capable of interfacing with the Sky decoder and detecting the television channel being viewed. In order to avoid false detections, for example when the decoder is turned on and the TV is turned off, a sophisticated proprietary sound matching algorithm verifies that the audio signal output corresponds to the audio decoder. The data of the channel the decoder is tuned onto is transmitted each second to a server capable to acquire real-time information and perform mutiple statistical analysis for the calculation of the listening curves. The acquisition server makes the listening curves, processed by websocket protocol, available onto different viewing software, such as, web and on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets).
Acquisition and real-time data processing, web application with websocket technology, security management and data privacy.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.