Client: DEMUP Search Srl
Category: Tracking device, IOT
Brief Description: GPS tracker with mesh function
Task: mechanical design, electronic design, firmware development, prototyping, production, maintenance, cloud reception infrastructure
To create a GPS tracker that can effectively track the progress of a sports race with many competitors concentratedin small areas. The customer tested the idea using commercial devices, but discarded it as the trackers were unable to work in low or no GPRS coverage areas, which is very frequent and often inevitable during a race.
The device offers a number of features: data on movement, position, direction and speed. It also offers security features, serving as an emergency device, capable of generating calls in case of danger, with automatic identification of the unit's position. The main characteristic is being able to transmit the data in multiple modes. Via Bluetooth communication for a short distances, particularly useful during training, or in GPRS mode during races or using a 800 MHz transmission system to create a true mesh network between devices. This feature allows units, that are out of coverage, to report their information through the network formed by other nodes and to finally reach the server. Due to the necessary waterproofing, the mechanics are designed in a watertight manner. To avoid the frequent use of the charging connector, which is protected by a special hermetic door, an induction battery charging system has been embedded within teh enclosure.
Sealing of the container, miniaturization, multi standard simultaneous communication.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.