Client: BioAir Instruments
Category: Medical Device
Brief Description: air flow control in a laminar regime through usage of HEPA filters.
Task: electronic design, firmware development, prototyping, production and maintenance of electronic parts
The client is an important company that produces biological safety cabinets usign air laminar flows. The required activity involves the design of a new product that, while retaining all the safety features and efficiency that distinguish the customer’s product line, adds a greater ease of use, thanks to a graphical LCD display and a specifically designed interface.
Most of the laboratory work, such as mixing, grinding, stirring, shaking of infected material may inadvertently generate toxic and hazardous aerosols, which are important sources of infection. It is therefore essential to try to reduce its formation and dispersion to a minimum. The laminar flow hoods act as barriers, helping to eliminate the risk of air infection, preventing the spread of aerosols to the operator and the external environment. The hoods can also ensure sample safety by preventing external contamination. The device must be accompanied by security systems which close the protective glass and increase the level of safety, as well as to activate an emergency ultraviolet sterilization cycle.
Graphic display with touch screen, automatic control of filters’ efficiency, security provided by a redundant dual-processor system, supervision of emergency procedures.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.