Client: RoyalTag SA
Category: Consumer, Industrial
Brief Description: RFID reader for pets and small animals
Task: electronic design, mechanical design, firmware development, prototyping, production, maintenance
The client is a company that manufactures and markets devices and materials for veterinarians and breeders. With the iRead device, the client wants to enter the pet animal market, but the industrial technologies the client already has in its portfolio are not usable for this type of product. What is needed is a lightweight unit, aesthetically pleasing, with the performance of an industrial tool.
iRead is a portable device, able to quickly and reliably read electronic tags that are compliant with ISO standards 11784 and 11785. The iRead detects and decodes the protocol FDX-A, FDX-B and HDX and is powered by a 9V battery. The information collected from the tags is made available on an OLED color display and can successively be downloaded via USB. It also possible to create a direct connection between the device and a computer, so as to perform storage operations or for immediate consultation of the data produced.
Development of proprietary algorithm for tag reading, mechanical design of a custom container that allows for differentiation of the product from competitors
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.