Client: Sky Television Deutschland
Category: Television Audience measurment
Brief Description: personal device for measuring television audience.
Task: electronic design, mechanical design, firmware development, prototyping, production, maintenance
A panel for TV audience measurement in Germany is to be set up in a very short time. The device, which needs to be designed, must be integrated to the existing decoder that is distributed to the viewers, and should therefore be simple to install and not cause any disruption to families who agree to install it.
The device perfectly integrates with the Set Top Box used in Germany. It also offers cutting-edge features in terms of identifying the actual listening programs, thanks to the analysis of environmental sound. The system is accompanied by a receiving backend and data processing, able to receive GPRS data collected in the field and provided to Sky Deutschland every morning.
The greatest difficulty was due to the extremely tight delivery deadlines. In less than four months, we were able to pass from the approval of the project to the distribution of the first units within the field.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.