Client: Nicotra Srl
Brief Description: control irrigation devices with radio communication and mesh network
Task: electronic design, firmware development, prototyping, production
To design an electronic card capable of controlling water distribution groups, for irrigation purposes. The information on the use of the device and its authorizations, must travel long distances wirelessly in areas without public network infrastructure.
The device is based on a 800 MHz radio transmission technology and is using custom protocol. Maximum attention was paid to the simplification of the installation phase. The typical system is composed of hundreds of nodes scattered in wide areas and it is therefore imperative that the installation does not take into account the needs of the network. Each node is in fact able to carry out the data collection functionality, but also serves as a repeater for other data nodes. The very low power consumption, necessary to ensure that the battery can last up to 10 years without maintenance, is also ensured by a GPS synchronization system that allows to turn on the devices in unison, creating specific transmission moments that alternate when the network is totally silent.
Design of the transmission protocol with GPS synchronization.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.