Client: Sky Italia
Category: Television Audience measurment
Brief Description: Custom device for measuring television audience
Task: electronic design, firmware development, prototyping, production, maintenance
Sky Italy requested, in a very short time-frame, a technologically advanced system to measure the audience of their programs. The system requires it to be easy to install, able to provide daily data and to be potentially expandable with additional functionalities, such as, the transmission of real time data.
The device we designed, in addition to being at the forefront in terms of detection capability of television programs, to integrate with existing hardware which allows Sky to collect as much data as possible, not only about the user-selected television program, but also about all other interactions the viewer has with Sky. To realize this, it was necessary to modify the internal electronic circuits of Sky's set-top boxes, thus creating a new device, capable of delivering all the necessary data. In addition, the device is designed to aesthetically integrate with Sky's devices. This meant that we had to design an ad hoc plastic container able to contain all the required electronics.
Integration of electronics designed by us within an existing system already in production. Maximum reduction in the cost of production.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.