Client: GfK Italia Srl
Category: Television Audience measurment
Brief Description: portable personal tool for passive recording of radio and television
Task: electronic design, identification of mathematical algorithms, parallel processing and distributed software development, mass production, data acquisition software development
Create a portable instrument, easy to wear by the interviewee, that can detect the radio and television transmissions even when the user is out of the house. The new device aims to dramatically change the detection methods used so far for TV audience measurment, thus making the same survey completely passive, more reliable and precise.
Miniaturized werable hardware able to capture and process real-time audio data to generate a sound fingerprint that can uniquely identify the audio fragments. The sound fingerprints are then transmitted via GPRS technology to a cloud system that can store the data for subsequent processing. A parallel and distributed computing system compares the sound prints of the mobile devices with those of each channel, in order to identify the ones that matches. The sound matching algorithm, capable of performing the functions described above, has been developed and optimized in our laboratories and has been certified by numerous international entities as the most efficient system on the market.
Development of complex mathematical algorithms, optimization software for parallel and distributed calculations, development of acquisition clusters and high-reliability data analysis.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.