Client: GfK Italia Srl
Category: Television Audience measurment
Brief Description: multimedia device for market research.
Task: electronic design, mechanical design, usability optimization, embedded Linux programming, development of a script language for developing the questionnaires, implementation and maintenance of infrastructure cloud data management, mass production, maintenance
Create a remote and fully manageable multimedia system, able to propose the interviewee a multimedia questionnaire. Barcodes, recorded voice notes, photographs and video must also be captured. The system must be equipped with GPRS connectivity for remote configuration and data transmission to a cloud system.
The Dialogatore is a multimedia terminal based on a low power Marwell PXA320 processor running a Linux operating system for the management of a touch screen display and a graphics interface. When the main processor is in stand-by mode, an auxiliary processor deals with the other functionality of the system. The system is equipped with numerous devices that expand the functionality: secondary OLED display, programmable function keys, high efficiency bar-code reader, video camera for photos and video acquisition, GPRS modules for data transmission and remote management of the device. The loading of the questionnaires is done through a cloud system that also allows to define the specifications for compiling the questionnaires (scheduler). System maintenance, inlcluding software and firmware updates, is fully automatic and remotely managed.
Audio and video capturing, embedded Linux programming, multiprocessor architecture, complex graphical interface, GPRS communication.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiast and disciplined Embedded Software / firmware Engineer who is eager to join an outstanding R&D team in a challenging and fast paced environment. We offer:
- The opportunity to come into contact with cutting-edge programming platforms and techniques
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects for different companies and fields
- Exclusive on-site tasks, with client visits for testing and programming (no body rental)
- The opportunity to follow the projects throughout their lifespan, from the launch of the idea to the initial stages of production
- The opportunity to actively participate in the founding phases of the project, proposing alternative solutions or improvements
- The possibility of attending technical seminars and refresher courses, promoted by our partner companies for the production of electronic devices (ST, Telit, Variscite, DIGI, etc.)
- Flexibility of working hours and possibility of teleworking on a weekly basis.